- Marinate thawed fish fillets in milk for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups of LA Fishfry seasoned fish fry into a plastic bag to batter.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or pan to 375 degrees.
- Place marinated fillets into bag one at a time. Shake to coat with fish fry. Shake off excess.
- Place in oil and cook for about 4 1/2 minutes or until fish flakes easy with a fork.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
Tip: You may marinate your fish in beer for 10 minutes. Then steps 2 through 7.
Tip: You may add a cap full of Louisiana liquid crab boil to your milk marinade to spice it up!
Tip: If you are not interested in milk, beer, or liquid crab boil, try spreading mustard on your fillets before step 4.
Tip: If frying in a pan, I use about 1/2 inch oil and fry fish about 2 minutes on each side.
Enjoy and remember to replace fish with another trip with Captain Mike!